How to Ask for a Postponement of Your Unemployment Hearing

Read this in: Spanish / Español


The Oregon Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) may postpone your hearing for 3 weeks if you have contacted the Oregon Public Benefits Hotline, Legal Aid or the Oregon Law Center to help you find an attorney for your unemployment hearing. You can only get one postponement.

In order to get your hearing postponed, you must call the OAH and ask for a postponement. Try to do this as quickly as possible. Tell them that you are working with Legal Aid or the Oregon Law Center to find an attorney to help you. The telephone number to call the OAH is (1) (888) 577-2422. That telephone number will also be on your hearing notice.

When you call OAH, make sure you confirm that they will postpone your hearing. You will get a new notice of hearing date in the mail. If you don't get a new notice, make sure you call in on the original date. If OAH does not postpone your hearing, you should call the number on your notice at the time the hearing is scheduled, and ask the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) to postpone the hearing. You should also be prepared for the hearing in case the ALJ doesn't give you the postponement. Please call us back to tell us if your hearing was postponed.

For more information, call the Oregon Public Benefits Hotline (1-800-520-5292) or your local Legal Aid Services office. Click here for a directory of legal aid programs.


Last Review and Update: Nov 15, 2010
Back to top